76 gram “ko fun” (cooked glutinous rice flour)
40 gram icing sugar
90 gram water
30 gram brown sugar
26 gram trans-fat free shortening
a pot of black tea
70 gram + 50 gram white lotus paste
50 gram brown sugar boba
TO MAKE FILLINGS
1. Divide 70 gram of white lotus to 7 round balls each weighing 10 gram.
2. Mix together 50 gram of lotus paste and 50 gram brown sugar boba.
3. Flatten white lotus paste into disc shape and fill with 10 gram of fillings.
4. Shape into a round ball. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
TO MAKE SKIN
1. In a KENWOOD KFlex, attached with a blade.
2. Dissolve water and brown sugar, chill for 3 hours.
3. Mix together ‘ko fun’, icing sugar and brown sugar & black tea solution. Add in shortening.
4. Keep mixing until smooth.
5. Chill for 20 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 25 gram balls.
WRAPPING OF MOONCAKE
1. Flatten the dough into disc shape.
2. Put boba filling onto middle.
3. Shape into ball. Dust with more ‘ko fun’.
4. Press with a mold. Keep in chiller overnight before serving.