Carrot cake is a classic afternoon recipe. Sweetly spiced, refreshingly moist and often topped with cream cheese icing, this dessert cake is a must have at any afternoon tea.
220 gram self-rising flour
200 gram carrot pulp
160 gram melted butter
165 gram brown sugar
70 gram mixed fruit
4 gram baking soda
3 gram ground cinnamon
2 tbsp carrot juice
1. Blend whole carrot until smooth, then strain to separate the juice and paste.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
4. In a kitchen machine, whisk egg, brown sugar and butter then beat mixture until thick and creamy.
5. Add in carrot pulp, carrot juice and mixed fruits mix, then fold in all the dry ingredients.
6. Place in a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.