250 gram chicken thigh meat, cut into small cubes
2 tbsp white pepper powder
2 tbsp five spice powder
3 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
5 tbsp maltose
3 tbsp cooking oil
1. In a clean bowl, mix together chicken meat, white pepper powder, five spice powder, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and maltose.
2. Cook the fillings in a saucepan over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Keep aside to cool.
TO MAKE WATER DOUGH
70 gram plain flour
25 gram butter
29 gram water
10 gram icing sugar
1. Get ready a KENWOOD kFlex attached with the cake paddle.
2. Put in flour and icing sugar, start mixing.
3. Add in water and butter.
4. Once dough is formed, transfer out and wrap with cling film.
TO MAKE OIL DOUGH
55 gram low protein flour (sifted)
10 gram plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 “c” sized cooked egg yolk
35 gram butter
1. Get ready a kFlex attached with the cake paddle.
2. Put in both flours, egg yolk, salt and butter, start mixing.
3. Once dough is formed, transfer out and wrap with cling film.
TO MAKE THE PASTRY
1 portion chicken fillings
1 portion water dough
1 portion oil dough
1 egg – for egg wash
black sesame seeds
1. Roll both dough into logs and divide into 10 portions each weighing 13 gram for water dough and 12 gram for oil dough.
2. Flatten water dough into a disc and wrap with oil dough to form a ball.
3. Using a rolling pin, gently flatten the ball to elongate it. Roll the flattened dough from one end to the other.
4. Flatten again the rolled-up dough lengthwise; roll the elongated dough from one end to the other.
5. Repeat this step until all dough has been used up. Transfer all the rolled-up dough onto a clean tray and cover with cling film. Rest for 30 minutes.
6. Flatten the rolled-up dough into equal-sized squares, trim off excess edges.
Spoon 20 gram – 30 gram of roasted chicken fillings on a flattened square pastry, pull the edges of the pastry to cover the fillings, this will form a rectangle shaped pastry. Repeat this until all dough and fillings has been used up. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with black sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.