TO MAKE CHESTNUT CREAM
200 gram ready to eat whole chestnuts
150 ml Merlot
30 gram sugar
15 gram butter
150 gram fresh cream
1. Lightly sauté chestnuts with butter and sugar.
2. Add in Merlot wine and boil until fork-tender.
3. Bring the chestnuts into a bowl attached to a KENWOOD Titanium affixed with a folding attachment.
4. Start mixing until the chestnuts have been mashed.
5. Change the attachment to a creaming beater.
6. Add in cream and keep mixing until smooth.
7. Transfer the chestnuts cream into a pipping bag. Keep chilled until ready to use.
TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM MOUSSE
200 ml whipping cream
50 gram caster sugar
25 gram gelatine dilution (5 gram gelatin powder + 20 gram cold water)
1. Pour cream into a KENWOOD Titanium mixer.
2. Affix with a ballon whisk.
3. Start mixing until soft peak is formed.
4. Add in sugar and gelatine dilution.
5. Transfer the cream mixture into a pipping bag. Keep in chiller for at-least 4 hours.
10 round sponges
1 batch chestnut cream
1 batch whipped cream mousse
2 pipping bags fitted with a round tip nozzle.
1. Gently pipe whipped cream mousse on the sponge to form a mount.
2. Pipe the chestnut cream from one side to the other in a circular pattern to cover the whipped cream mount. Set the cake in refrigerator overnight.