TO MAKE BROWN STOCK
300 – 500 gram blanched chicken carcasses
150 grams onions
150 grams celery
150 grams carrot
50 grams tomato paste
1 tbsp freshly ground black peppercorn
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix well with tomato paste and ground black peppercorn.
3. Bake in 180 degrees Celsius oven for 30 minutes until brown.
Transfer roasted ingredients into a saucepan, add enough water and boil at low heat for 3 hours. Strain and keep aside.
TO MAKE BROWN SAUCE
30 grams carrot
30 grams celery
30 grams onion
10 grams garlic
20 grams butter
1 tbsp plain flour
half of brown stock
1. Heat butter in a pan, add in minced carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
2. Add in plain flour and half brown stock.
3. Simmer until thickened. Strain.
TO MAKE DEMI-GLAZE
1 portion of strained brown sauce
The second half of brown stock
50 grams butter
1. Mix both together and simmer until reduced.
2. Add in butter, off heat and stir until butter melted. Serve warm.
TO MAKE CHICKEN ROULADE
300 grams chicken breast
300 grams chicken thigh
1 tbsp chicken stock granules
1 tbsp black peppercorn powder
1 tbsp oregano, ground
5 cloves garlic
15 grams butter
10 pieces of turkey ham
5 slices of cheddar cheese
1. Put everything except for turkey hams and cheese into a chopper.
2. Process until fine.
3. On a clean aluminium sheet, spread 120 gram of ground chicken meat into a square.
4. Place two pieces of turkey hams over and one slice of cheese.
5. Roll the patties into a roulade, wrap tightly by twisting both ends.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
TO COAT AND PAN GRILL
5 cooked chicken roulade
100 grams bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
50 grams plain flour
200 grams palm oil, for frying
1. Dip roulades into egg mixture, then onto flour.
2. Dip the roulade one more time into egg mixture and finally onto the bread crumbs.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the roulades until golden brown.
4. Serve hot with demiglaze.