5 gram cocoa powder
85 gram Hong Kong flour
1 1/2 alkaline water
35 gram aged golden syrup
20 gram dark chocolate, melted
20 gram pure peanut oil
150 gram ready to use lightly sweetened black sesame paste
4 egg yolks, cooked and divide to 8 smaller yolks
20 gram egg yolks
60 gram water
5 gram golden syrup
TO MAKE SKINS
1. Blend Hong Kong flour, cocoa powder, melted chocolate + peanut oil and golden syrup together.
MAKING OF MOONCAKES
11 gram black sesame paste x 6
25 gram chocolate skin dough x 6
9 gram divided salted egg yolks x 6
WRAPPING OF MOONCAKES
1. Wrap salted egg yolks in a flatten black sesame paste.
2. Wrap the filling with a flatten chocolate skin dough.
3. Roll into balls and dust with some flour.
4. Press firmly into a mould, unmould and place on a lined baking tray.
5. Bake at preheated oven 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and brush with egg wash, then bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Leave mooncakes to cool down completely before storing into an airtight container. The mooncakes will eventually soften after 3 days.