A popular starter/appetizer that is often served with garlic bread or toasts or croutons. Usually added with cream for the creamy texture.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small yellow onion, diced
1500 ml water or chicken stock
400 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into medium chunks
100 ml whipping or cooking cream
salt & pepper to taste
dash of ground cinnamon & nutmeg (optional)
flat leaf parsley or chives for garnishing
1. Sweat diced onion in a medium saucepan with unsalted butter until wilted and slightly browned.
2. Stir in pumpkin chunks and leave to simmer for about 20 – 30 seconds.
3. Pour in water or stock and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes or until pumpkin is soft and mushy. Turn off heat.
4. Using the Soup XL tool of Kenwood triblade hand blender, blend soup mixture until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour in whipping or cooking cream, season with salt and pepper (and dash of ground cinnamon and cloves if preferred) and blend for another few seconds until well combined.
6. Pour into individual serving bowls, garnish with flat leaf parsley/chives and serve immediately with garlic bread or toasts.