This recipe uses the Chef Sense kitchen machine.
285 g butter
285 g sugar
285 g self raising flour
115 g plain flour
10 g milk
1. Using a Chef Sense fitted with a paddle, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add in eggs, one at a time.
2. Mix well and fold in sifted self-raising flour and plain flour.
3. Mix in milk to achieve a smooth consistency.
4. Fill batter into cup cake moulds about 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 160ºC for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Butter Icing
250 g butter
500 g icing sugar
few drops organic red beet food colour or other red food colour
1. Cream the butter lightly.
2. Mix in icing sugar.
3. Mix in food colouring roughly to form a marbled icing.
4. Fill a piping bag with the butter icing and pipe through.
Ingredients and Equipment for Homemade Food Colour Purple-Red Food Colour
1 organic red beet
1 pair of gloves
1 pot of water
1. Soak the beet for 1 – 2 hours then wash under running water.
2. Put the beet into a Cooking Chef, cover and bring to a boil at temperature 100 degrees Celsius. Cook beet until tender (test by piercing with a fork). Remove from the heat.
3. Let the beet cool completely then peel and chop the beet. Put the chopped beet into a food processor then pour it out into a bowl. Mix the beet and juice together and let it soak for about 5 hours.
4. Strain the liquid into a jar and add 1/2 tsp of vinegar to stabilise the colour and to preserve the juice.
5. Now add the beet juice a little at a time into your butter icing for the desired shade of colour. The results may vary depending upon the variety of beet used.