It’s durian season again, a wholesome stack-up of these delicious pancakes can never go wrong at breakfast, or at any other time of the day when the hunger pangs are high. So try this delicious pancake recipe at home and bring on your musang kings and D24s!
For 24 pieces of durian pancakes
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
350 gram Hong Kong flour
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
110 gram sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
50 gram – 70 gram durian flesh
400 gram milk
5 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp durian essence
icing sugar for dusting
1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
3. Beat egg yolks in another bowl, blend durian flesh and milk together until smooth, then add melted butter.
4. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth before adding durian essence.
5. Gradually fold beaten egg whites into batter.
6. Spoon batter (about 50 gram) onto a hot greased frying pan and cook until the surface is golden brown.
7. Repeat this step until all batter is finished. Serve warm.