If you’re feeling a change in your desserts, try your hand at making fruit kesari, a delicious Indian sweet dish made of fruit that melts in your mouth when you eat it.
1 cup of semolina
½ cup of finely chopped apples
½ cup of finely chopped pineapples
½ cup of finely chopped bananas
1 ½ cups of sugar
15 finely chopped cashew nuts
¼ cup of ghee
¼ cup of sunflower oil
A drop of vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
2 ½ cups of water
1. In a heavy non-stick pan, heat ghee and oil then add the chopped fruits.
2. Stirring regularly, fry the fruits until soft then put aside.
3. In the same pan, add the cashew nuts and raisins, stirring until the raisins bloat.
4. Transfer the cashew nuts and raisins to a plate and keep aside.
5. Dry roast the semolina in the pan until its raw smell disappears and then place it on a plate.
6. Add water to the pan and bring to a boil.
7. Add the roasted semolina and stir over a low flame.
8. Add salt and continue stirring.
9. Close the lid and cook until the mixture thickens then add the sugar.
10. Stir well until the mixture becomes watery.
11. Add the vanilla essence and cardamom powder.
12. Stir until the mix forms a thick mass.
13. Add the fruits in and stir to combine before adding fried cashew nuts and raisins.
14. Remove from flame.
The fruit kesari is ready to be served.