TO MAKE SPONGE
100 grams plain flour
5 egg yolks
25 grams corn oil
10 grams instant teh tarik powder
50 grams water
5 egg whites
100 grams caster sugar
1 tbsp plain vinegar
1 whole egg
1. Mix together teh tarik powder with water.
2. In a bowl, mix egg yolks, teh tarik, corn oil and plan flour till combined.
3. Add in one whole egg, slowly fold to combine.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
5. Whisk egg whites and sugar till frothy, add in the vinegar. Keep whisking until a medium peak is formed.
6. Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture, gently fold to combine, then fold in the rest of the meringue and combine.
7. Pour the cake batter into a lined 15-inch x 11-inch baking pan.
8. Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until cooked. Once cooked, keep aside to cool before spreading with buttercream frosting.
TO MAKE TEH TARIK BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
125 grams French lactic butter
10 grams icing powder
10 grams condensed milk
10 grams egg whites
10 grams teh tarik powder
1. Cream butter with icing sugar, add in condensed milk, egg whites and teh tarik powder.
2. Use as spread.