This decadent, delicious slider, featuring succulent Thai basil chicken, sauteed carrots and onion topping with buttery soft buns, comes from home cook Jordi Ong. He makes the most amazing tasting sliders and here’s how he makes this Thai Basil Chicken Sliders. For good sliders, it’s the inside that counts.
Read the full article on the recipe and its prep from our friends at sharefood.sg.
No. of servings: 10 sliders
Preparation Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1hr 45 mins
Bread ingredients (A)
230g bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast
4 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
90ml room temperature water
40ml warm water
Meat filling ingredients (B)
2 large chicken whole leg, boneless (Cut into 60g)
2 tbsp minced garlic
6 chilli padi, chopped
15 thai basil leaves
Baby pea shoot
Sauce ingredients (C)
6 tbsp oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp sweet dark sauce
6 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp water
Vegetable topping ingredients (D)
½ tbsp fish sauce
Step 1: Prepare the dough
- In the Kenwood mixing bowl, add in 90ml tap water, 40ml warm water, yeast, melt butter, milk sugar and salt. Mix the ingredients well and let it stand for about 5 mins.
- Add in the bread flour.
- Blend the mixture into a dough using medium speed for about 6 to 8 mins till the dough becomes soft.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Allow it to proof for 40 mins and the dough should double in size.
Step 2: Separate the dough into smaller portions and let it proof
- Separate the dough into small portions of 35g using the kFlex scale.
- Dust the worktop. Flatten the dough, do a few folds and overlap each other. Smoothen the outer layer and gently roll into a smooth ball.
- Place them on a baking tray, transfer into the oven and let it proof for another 15 to 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven, brush butter on the surface of the dough and bake at 230oC for 19 mins.
Step 3: Shred the carrot and cook the topping
- Use the Kenwood kFlex to shred the carrot.
- In a pan heated with oil, add in carrot, onion and fish sauce. Fry till fragrant.
Step 4: Prepare the chicken
- In a heated pan with oil, add in garlic, chilli padi and fry till fragrant.
- Add in all the sauce ingredients (C) and basil leaves and fry till sauce thickens.
- Add in chicken slices, pan fry it thoroughly.
- Switch off the heat. Keep the chicken in the sauce.
Step 5: Assemble the burger and serve
- Slice the buns into half and stack it up. Lay the baby pea shoots, Thai basil chicken and sauteed vegetables and cover it up. It’s ready to be served!