The dish of egg noodles, char siew and pork-filled dumplings makes for a satisfying meal any time of the day. One of the locals’ favourite dish, it’s the balanced diet you need, it’s got carbs, protein and low in fat.
This recipe uses the Chef Sense 4.6L – KVC5100T.
500g All-Purpose Flour, plus extra for rolling & dusting
½ tsp sea salt
125ml to 150 ml Water
250g pork collar, rinsed
60g prawns, deshelled and deveined
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp black fungus, soaked and finely sliced
1 tsp ginger, grated
24 wonton wrappers
500g Char Siew, sliced
2 heads mustard green
4 cups chicken brooth
Condiments for noodle per serving
1 tablespoon of fried shallot oil
1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon of dark soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of sambal chili paste
Pickled green chilli, as desired
Spring Onion, for garnishing
Prepare the noodle
1. Add all ingredients into the mixing bowl, attached the bread hook and let it knead till the dough forms.
2. Attached the pasta maker, let the dough through the pasta maker to flatten it, fold it into half, let it through the pasta maker again.
3. Repeat the steps until the dough becomes smooth.
4. Change to metal pasta cutter attachment, cut the noodle into thin strips. Dust with flour. Set aside and let it dry.
1. Using the meat grinder attachment, minced the meat using the plate with the smallest hole. Change to the plate with biggest hole, grind prawn.
2. Add in all the wanton ingredients, except for the skin, mix well.
3. On a piece wanton skin, scoop about a tsp of filling and place in the centre of the wrapper. Wet the sides of the wanton skin, fold and gather the sides. Finish by pressing hard on the gathering point to seal. Continue with the rest of the filling.
Prepare the noodle seasoning
1. In a serving bowl, pour in fried shallot oil, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and sambal chilli paste. Mix well and set aside.
1. In the heated pot with chicken broth, add in 5 wantons one by one. Cook until it floats up.
2. Bring a pot of 2l water to a boil. Blanch mustard for about 25 to 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
3. Add a portion of egg noodles. Cook the noodles for about 40 to 50 seconds. Remove the noodles with a wire strainer, and plunge it into a bowl of cold water for a few seconds. Shake off any excess water, and return the noodles into the boiling water. Cook the noodles for another 20sec. Remove the noodles and shake off any excess water. Add into the serving bowl and toss with the sauces.
4. Assemble with mustard green, wanton and char siew, and serve with pickled green chilli and chicken broth soup!