Craving for something warm and spicy when this time of the year rolls around? How about a flavourful gingerbread cake slathered with cream cheese icing, topped with a drizzle of coffee syrup! It might sound like a mishmash of flavours, but trust us, it works perfectly. Rich cream cheese pairs beautifully with the spices of the gingerbread cake (like Gingerbread Cheesecake) — and the coffee syrup gives a final touch of flavour.
Check out also: Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe if you’re feeling a little experimental!
This gingerbread cake recipe makes a hefty four-layered cake though, and your Kenwood Titanium Chef XL will come in handy as you beat these ingredients together. If you want to go the extra mile, we included a little extra portion to create adorable green Christmas trees as toppers for the cake, but you don’t have to do it if you’re short on time!
OPTIONAL: Directions for tree decorations
200g white chocolate with a few drops of green food dye, melted
15 milk chocolate twigs – you can use Pocky sticks or any sort of chocolate-coated thin biscuits
Assorted sprinkles (optional)
1 x silver edible glitter spray (optional)
Coconut flakes and desiccated coconut
- Melt white baking chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat the process, placing a few drops of green food dye until fully melted.
- Put the finished icing into a piping bag
- Place different lengths of chocolate twigs on baking trays, lined with baking parchment, and space out allowing enough space for the piping.
- Cut a small hole in the end of the piping bag, and working in a zigzag movement from the top-down, forming a Christmas tree shape.
- Add sprinkles and edible glitter if you wish, before the Chocolate sets and then allow to set at room temperature